- Public Notices
Boys 4x100 relay qualifies for state
The New Prague High School 4x100 meter relay team claimed second place and will compete in the State Class AA Boys Track and Field meet Friday and Saturday at Hamline University in St. Paul.
Peter Molitor, Ben Hendrickson, Jordan Lein and JT Butler finished in a time of 44.18 seconds, just shy of a school record, but good enough to earn them a spot in the state tournament.
New Prague also had a number of other outstanding showings at the section meet, held Wednesday, May 29, and Friday, May 31, at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter.
• Lein set two personal records (PR) in the 100 meters, the first in the preliminaries on Wednesday and the second in Friday's finals. he also set a PR in the 200 meters, in addition to helping the 4x100 relay team advance.
• Dakota Greenwalt - Placed in three events, including a third in the 800 meters.
• Thomas Widmer placed fifth in the high jump and had his best-ever split in the 4x200 relay.
• Lucas Binger ran well in the 400, setting a new PR.
• Conner Wagner ran a PR in the 400 m on Wednesday and anchored the 4x200 relay team to its best time of the season.
Trojans that placed: Third - Zach Jones, triple jump; Greenwalt, 800 m.; 4x400 relay (Binger, Greenwalt, Jones, Josh Polson) Fourth - 4x800 relay (Greenwalt, Wyatt Midtvedt, Zach Dietz, Blake Wooten) Fifth - Widmer, high jump; Seventh - Binger, 400 m.; Wooten, 3200 m; 4x200 relay (Foster Gall, Thomas Widmer, Drew Schoenbauer, Conner Wagner)
“While we had hopes of logging more personal records, the winds were especially strong on Friday, making that difficult,” coach Nick Meyer said.
The boys finished sixth of 16 teams at the section meet. Buffalo was first with 147.5 points, followed by Chanhassen (93), Hutchinson (87), Chanhassen (69), Shakopee (56), New Prague (41), Mankato West (36.5), Mankato East (30), Marshall (29), Delano (25), Holy Family Catholic (20), Dassel- Cokato (18), Worthington (16), Waconia (13), New Ulm (13), Mound Westonka (8).