Fire destroys New Prague business

A fire destroyed the JR Services shop on Highway 21 (Helena Blvd.), just north of New Prague Thursday morning, Dec. 7.

The New Prague Fire Department was called to the scene at about 6:45 a.m. Business owner John Bendzick reportedly went into the shop and smelled smoke, then called the fire department. He said the fire started in the chimney and ceiling area of the building.

Firefighters not only had to battle the blaze, but also the extreme cold, as temperatures were in the sub-zero range Thursday morning.

This section is for subscribers to the website only. Please login or subscribe to continue.