- Public Notices
- Submit News
JV swimmers compete at Missota meet
The New Prague Trojan girls swim and dive team are preparing for the Section 1A meet, scheduled for Wednesday and Friday, Nov. 6 and 8, at the Rochester Rec Center. Fourteen Trojans have qualified for the meet. There are 12 teams in the section. They are: Albert Lea, Austin, Bloomington Kennedy, Faribault, Mankato East, Mankato West, New Prague, Northfield, Red Wing, Simley, St. Peter and Visitation.
JV meet On Monday, Oct. 21, the Trojan JV competed in the Missota JV meet, and coach Jennifer Ongie-Jindra was happy with the results. Ellen Popple, a seventh grader, competed in diving and a couple of swimming events. She earned fifth place in diving with a score of 96.55.
• The 200 Medley Relay team of Ann- Marie Hummel, Popple, Abby Estep and Taylor Jaeckels had a strong finish.
• Rachel Baudette had a great time in the 200 freestyle.
• Four Trojans performed well in the 50 freestyle, Paige Peterson (33:48) Hummel (36.96), Jaeckels (38.14) and Desiree Ranow (44.33).
• In the 100 freestyle, five Trojans posted strong times; Estep, Jaeckels, Abby Nielson, Brooklyn Isley and Peterson.
• The 200 Free Relay team finished in 2:33, with Peterson, Baudette, Ranow and Isley,
• Hummell and Baudette had good times in the 100 backstroke (1:37.22 and 1:44.25 respectively).
• Isley led a strong contingent in the 100 backstroke in 1:33.19. The others were Nielson, Estep and Popple.
• The 400 free relay finished in 5:31.65. swimmers were Peterson, Estep, Nielson and Isley.
“We are very proud of the swimmers and divers this year and are already looking forward to next season with these young ladies,” Ongie-Jindra said.