- Public Notices
- Submit News
A lot going on to keep us all busy
You can tell school is in session, and fall is here because there are many things happening in and around our community.
Scanning the ads in last week’s Messenger, I couldn’t help be amazed that so many people and organizations were “inviting” people to their events through the advertisements.
Here are some that I noticed:
• Montgomery Orchard featured pick-you-own Zestar Apples.
• Heidelberg advertised their Community Day, which was well-attended by many people who came to support that town’s park.
• Our neighbors to the south are also hosting a community event. Kilkenny’s Half-Way to St. Paddy’s Day will be held on Saturday, Sept. 21 in Kilkenny. There are a ton of activities for everyone, from a 5K race, to toilet bowl races, craft and vendor shows, fireworks, a street dance, to an actual visit from the Mayor of Kilkenny, Ireland.
Also, TCU will hold their Homecoming Week next week. Watch the Messenger website www.montgomerymnnews.com on Friday to see who the candidates are. The seniors voted on them Monday, but their names are being kept secret from you and me until Friday.
Our website will also tell you who is crowned Homecoming King and Queen on Tuesday, Sept. 24.
• TCU football will hold its first home game of this season on Friday, Sept. 20 at the athletic complex. They host Le Sueur Henderson, starting at 7 p.m.
• Holy Redeemer Church will hold its annual Festival on Sunday, Sept. 22. From what I read in their ads last week, the event promises to be as big and grand as they have been in previous years.
• We can’t forget our neighbors to the north who are holding their community festival this weekend - Dozinky - good food and good times on main street in New Prague.