NPFD battles barn fire in Helena Township - update

UPDATE - The Scott County Sheriff's office reports there were three people who suffered burns in Friday's fire. The three, two adult males and a one boy - were working inside the barn on a car when gasoline spilled on the floor near a wood-burning stove, igniting the fire. 

 

The New Prague Fire Department was called to a barn fire on Redwing Avenue in Helena Township shortly before 4:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 24. New Prague Fire Chief Jeremy Tikalsky reported that when he arrived on the scene the entire building was engulfed in flames. Firefighters from Jordan, Elko New Market, Prior Lake and Lonsdale assisted at the scene.