- Public Notices
- Submit News
NPHS to celebrate Snoball week
New Prague High School will celebrate its annual Snoball Week, with events beginning Monday, Jan. 28, and culminating with the Snoball Dance Saturday, Feb. 2.
King and queen candidates are seniors Evan Bisek, Ben Doerr, Matt Dugas, Andy McNab, Kyle Zweber, Steph Hanson, Janae Hull, Molly O’Neill, Lindsay Paschke and Sydney Samson. Prince and princess candidates are juniors Connor Amundsen, Ryan Drazan, Austin Kilian, Will Kreuser, Nathan, Zweber, Emma Deihl, Ella Grote, Sarah Hoffman, Emma Hughes and McKenzie Neisen.
The song for Snoball is "Better Together” by Jack Johnson.
Faculty advisors are Lisa Giesen and Lisa Tisdel.
Each day will have events and a dress theme for students.
• Monday, Jan. 28, is “PJ Day.” The adapted floor hockey team will play Winona at the Central Education Campus (CEC) gym at 4:30 p.m. The highlight will be the coronation of royalty during a ceremony beginning at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. That will be followed with a dodgeball tournament sposnored by the student council at 7:30 p.m. in the gym.
• Tuesday, Jan. 29, is “Tacky Tourist Day.” Three Trojan teams have home events, with the the boys hockey team hosting Farmington at the community center at 7:15 p.m., the girls basketball team facing Waseca in the auxiliary (west) gym the boys facing Red Wing in the main (east) gym. Both basketball games are scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Jan. 30, is “Character Day.” Students should dress like a TV or movie character.
• Thursday, Jan. 31, is “Salad Dressing Day.” Students’ attire should match a salad dressing - for instance, ranch dressing (cowboy), bleu cheese (blue clothing), thousand island (Hawaiian clothing) or house (school colors).
• Friday, Feb. 1 is “American Pride Day,” with students wearing red, white and blue clothing. A pepfest will be held in the gym around 1:50 p.m. Home sporting events include gymnastics against Farmington at 6:30 p.m. at the gymnastics center, girls hockey against Shakopee at the community center at 7:15 p.m. and Girls basketball against Northfield in the main gym at 7:30 p.m.
The Snoball dance on Saturday, Feb. 2, will be held at the high school gym from 8 to 11:30 p.m. The dance is sponsored by the New Prague Area Educational Foundation.