Quick response from fire department limits damage

Patrick Fisher, Staff Writer

Damage was kept to a minimum at a garage in New Prague due to quick response from the New Prague Fire Department Tuesday evening.

New Prague Fire Chief Jim Becker said the fire department responded to a fire at the Nick Schroers residence, 1104 SE Horizon Drive, at approximately 5:55 p.m. A deep fat fryer was being warmed up in the garage and boiled over onto the floor. The resulting fire ignited cardboard along the wall and the garage door opener. It also burned the hose of the propane tank on the fryer.

Becker said the homeowners called in the fire. The fire department was able to get the fire under control quickly and keep damage to a minimum. The department was on the scene for about an hour.

Also responding were members of the New Prague Police Department and the New Prague Ambulance Service.

Suel Printing Company

Copyright © Suel Printing Company
All Rights Reserved
200 Main St E
New Prague, MN 56071

Phone: 952-758-4435
Fax: 952-758-4135

Latest articles

Thu, 04/19/2018 - 3:36pm
Thu, 04/19/2018 - 12:08pm
Thu, 04/19/2018 - 12:04pm
Thu, 04/19/2018 - 12:01pm

Please Login for Premium Content