- Public Notices
- Submit News
St. Wenceslaus celebration ends Sunday
This weekend is the official birthday celebration of St. Wenceslaus parish, although many special activities throughout the month have led up to this 150-year observance.
The parish began when Anton Philipp, New Prague's founding father, donated 40 acres of land for a church in September 1857. A log chapel on that site was completed in 1858.
In 1863, the log church accidently burned down. Work began on the second church in 1866. Constructed of brick and stone, it was completed in 1868.