- Public Notices
- Submit News
Swimmers look strong in loss to Wingers
The New Prague Trojan girls swim and dive team hosted Red Wing at the Montgomery pool Thursday, Oct. 3, and the squad had a strong showing in a 97-84 loss.
Coach Jennifer Ongie-Jindra said there were a number of strong performances at the meet. Among them:
• Hannah Schoenbauer had a personal best in the 200 freestyle, in 2 minutes, 59.13 seconds.
• Katie Capaul continued to drop time in her 200 freestyle.
• Britin Thomsen placed first in diving with Ashley Nye taking second.
• Lilly Schulte won the 100 butterfly, and took second in the 200 individual medley.
• Hanna Henning had best times in the 50 and 100 freestyle.
• Madelyn Petersen swam the 500 freestyle for the first time.
“We had a strong showing this meet,” Ongie-Jindra said. “We have some younger athletes who are willing to try a variety of events, which is great to see. We appreciate the ability to have flexibility with the lineup.
“These athletes have put in so much effort and time into this season, we are getting excited for conference and section championships in the coming weeks.”
The Trojans will travel to Chaska for a dual meet Thursday, then will travel to Northfield for the Section True Team meet Friday and Saturday. The Squad will host their final dual meet of the season Monday, Oct. 14, against St. Peter. At the meet, the squad will honor the seniors in the program.